Port Style Brownies (Ala Cooper)
2 sticks unsalted butter – softened
16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (use 1 cup now – 1 cup later)
4 large eggs
1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
¼ cup Cooper Vineyards Dicembre
½ tsp. salt & baking powder
1 cup all purpose flour
¼ cup unsweetened coca powder
The other cup of chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350.
Prepare two (13 x 9) baking pans using parchment paper or non-stick foil.
1. Using a double boiler, melt 1 cup of chocolate chips.
2. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Mix butter & chocolate until smooth – let cool.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until well blended. Blend in the
Dicembre and the cooled choc/butter mixture.
5. Blend in flour, salt, baking powder, & cocoa.
6. Fold in the other 1 cup chocolate chips.
7. Spread batter onto prepared pans. Bake 20-25 minutes until done to the touch.
DO NOT OVER BAKE. Cover with foil while cooling.
And-now The Coupe’ de Dicembre
Melt 1 cup chocolate in the microwave. Add ¼ cup Cooper Dicembre to the melted chocolate. Drizzle over brownies & enjoy!