Moroccan-Style Skillet Chicken
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound boneless/skinless chicken
breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons chili powder
1-1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 box (5.8oz) Near East (or similar) Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil Couscous, prepared according to package directions
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is done, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
2. Add garlic to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, pumpkin pie spice, chili powder and cumin.
3. Simmer 5 minutes; add peas and chicken, and heat through. Stir in cilantro.
4. Serve chicken mixture over hot couscous.
Cooper Vineyards 2019 Syrah
Grilled Ham & Cheese Panini
Assemble sandwich ingredients:
– Black Forest Ham
– Provolone Cheese
– Fresh Tomato Slices
– Basil Pesto Aioli
– Sourdough Bread
You may use a panini press, George Foreman-type grill or frying pan to grill your sandwich.
Mother Lode Deli & Catering
36 Main Street
Jackson, CA 95642
Cooper Vineyards 2019 Sangiovese
Pork Medallions with Pomegranate-Cherry Sauce
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
1/3 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1/3 cup dried sweet cherries
1/4 cup Cooper Vineyards dry red wine
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon water
1 tablespoon butter
1. Cut pork crosswise into 12 (1-inch-thick) pieces. Sprinkle both sides of pork with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove pork from pan; keep warm.
2. Add juice, cherries, wine, and vinegar to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 2 minutes. Combine cornstarch and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Add cornstarch mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat. Add butter, stirring until butter melts. Return pork to pan, turning to coat.
Cooper Vineyards 2018 Primitivo Riserva
269 calories; fat 10.1g; saturated fat 3.6g; mono fat 4.9g; poly fat 0.9g; protein 24.3g; carbohydrates 17.6g; fiber 1.4g; cholesterol 81mg; iron 1.8mg; sodium 310mg; calcium 27mg.
Veal pounded very thin and cut into strips 1″ wide by 2″ long. Can substitute Pork Tenderloin if desired.
Large Shrimp – Peeled & Deveined
1 Bottle Cooper Vineyards Sangiovese
2 Cloves Garlic – Chopped
Fresh Basil – Minced
Fresh Oregano – Minced
Alfredo Sauce (Try our Roussanne Alfredo Sauce, below)
Mix spices with Cooper Vineyards Sangiovese – Marinate Veal or Pork strips for 24 hours
Wrap Shrimp in Veal or Pork strips. Hold together with toothpicks
Saute in hot Olive Oil until Shrimp turn pink
Serve over Pasta (Angel Hair or Fettuccine) with Alfredo Sauce
Roussanne Alfredo Sauce
1/2 Cup Cooper Vineyards Roussanne
1 Quart Half & Half or Heavy Cream
2 Cups Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
4-6 oz Blue Cheese
Fresh Italian Parsley – Minced
1 Clove Chopped Garlic
Heat Half & half until bubbling
Add Garlic, Parsley and Basil
Slowly add Romano cheese until smooth
Slowly add Blue Cheese – constantly tasting – Until you get desired flavor
To thicken sauce add more Romano
For creamier sauce add cream cheese
Zinfandel Tri-tip Marinade
1 Bottle Cooper Vineyards Zinfandel
2 Cloves Chopped Garlic
Red Pepper Flakes
Fresh Basil – Chopped
Mix all, Cover meat, Marinate for at least 24 hours
BBQ or Oven roast
Port Style Brownies (Ala Cooper)
2 sticks unsalted butter – softened
16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (use 1 cup now – 1 cup later)
4 large eggs
1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
¼ cup Cooper Vineyards Dicembre
½ tsp. salt & baking powder
1 cup all purpose flour
¼ cup unsweetened coca powder
The other cup of chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Prepare two (13 x 9) baking pans using parchment paper or non-stick foil.
1. Using a double boiler, melt 1 cup of chocolate chips.
2. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Mix butter & chocolate until smooth – let cool.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until well blended. Blend in the Dicembre and the cooled choc/butter mixture.
5. Blend in flour, salt, baking powder, & cocoa.
6. Fold in the other 1 cup chocolate chips.
7. Spread batter onto prepared pans. Bake 20-25 minutes until done to the touch.
DO NOT OVER BAKE. Cover with foil while cooling.
And-now, the Coup’ de Dicembre:
Melt 1 cup chocolate in the microwave. Add ¼ cup Cooper Dicembre to the melted chocolate. Drizzle over brownies & enjoy!
Cooper Style Chicken
Add chicken to Dutch oven when brown. Add:
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup white wine
1 teaspoon green peppercorns
1 tablespoon capers
1/3 cup dried tomatoes
Top with 10-12 baguette size celery about 3’’ long.
Put lid on Dutch oven and set on edge of hot BBQ to maintain a soft boil, and finish cooking.
Chicken is done at thermometer 170 to 175 degrees.
Check with thermometer 35 to 45min.
To serve we remove chicken from Dutch oven and cut into ½” strips length wise. Arrange in the serving pan and ladle sauce and celery over chicken.